Are you thinking about joining Mangrove Mountain Pony Club? Curious about what is involved and what you will need?
At MMPC we aim to provide a our riding members and their families with a wide variety of opportunities to learn new skills, try new equestrian disciplines, make friends, socialise and have fun.
Rally Days are the regular meetings for the Club. They are held on the first Sunday of each month from February – December.
On Rally Days a variety of activities are planned and organised for riders by our coaches and include sessions with both approved, paid instructor and volunteer club coaches. Activities range from from riding instruction in dressage, showjumping, sporting, mounted games, troop drill to practical horsemanship and educational horse welfare. All coaching lessons are delivered in line with the Pony Club Australia coaching syllabus which enables riders to obtain nationally recognised competencies certificates.
To ensure that riders are placed in lesson rotations together with others of similar competency, riders are placed in to groups. These are created on the basis of competency certificates obtained, riding ability and age. Groups will rotate around to different activities throughout the day.
During summer, gear check starts at 8:30 to avoid the midday heat and during winter the rally day runs like the example below.
The usual format for a winter Rally days will be:
8.00am : Arrive and set up equipment
8.30 – 9.30 : Gear check
8.30 – 9.00 : Troop line and good morning!!
9.00 – 10.00 : Troop Drill
10.00 -12.00 : Instructional groups/activities
12.30 – 1.00 : Unsaddle.feed. water horse & have your own lunch
1.00 – 1.30 : Saddle up/Gear check
1.30 – 3.30 : Instructional groups/activities
3.30 – 4.00 : Pack equipment up
4.00pm : See you next Pony Club Rally Day!!!!
Until a child can ride, trot and canter independently to the satisfaction of the Club’s coaches , the child must be kept on a lead rope and accompanied during all riding by a responsible adult.
Each Pony Club in NSW has a different uniform. This gives each club a different identity at events where there is more than one club competing. Each Zone also has a distinct uniform and is worn by members representing their zone at State Championships. (Should you be selected for a State Championship, you will need to purchase or hire a Zone uniform).
MMPC uniform consists of:
- Fawn or beige jodhpurs (not white or yellow)
- Long-sleeved white shirt
- Black and red stripe tie and pin
- Black V-neck jumper with MMPC logo
- Short elastic-sided brown leather boots with smooth sole
- Australian Standards Association approved helmet- COMPULSORY
- Saddle-blanket – black with red/white trim and MMPC Logo
- Black polo shirt with MMPC logo
The branded Mangrove Mountain Pony Club uniform items are available to order or purchase second hand from the Club House on Rally Days.
- All riding members under 18 years must have an adult join the club
- All adult members must have a valid WWCC
- Competition Days and Events usually start earlier. Check the entry form and the Club newsletter for details.
- Parents are not permitted on the “field” unless they are rostered on to help in this area or they have a child on a leadrope.
- Dogs are not allowed as per Pony Club NSW Guidelines.
For more information about our rally day plans and joining our club, please email our committee at email@example.com