Are you thinking about joining Pony Club? Curious about what is expected and what will you do and what do you need?
Well, we hope for all of our members it’s lots of fun, a good social opportunity and the chance to learn something new. Rally Days are the regular meetings for the Club. They are held on the first Sunday of each month, usually excluding school holidays.
On Rally Days a variety of activities are organised for riders by the instructors; ranging from instruction periods in dressage, to Jumping, Sporting, Games, Troop Drill, and Certificate work.
The aim of these is to provide fun and interesting ways to learn about riding and the different facets of horsemanship.
To ensure that everybody is in a group with other riders of a similar standard, groups are usually formed. These are created on the basis of certificates obtained, riding ability, age and length of time involved with the club. Groups will rotate around to different activities.
During summer, gear check starts at 8:30 to avoid the midday heat and during winter the rally day runs like the example below.
The usual format for a winter Rally days will be:
8.00am : Arrive and organise
8.30 – 9.30 : Gear check
8.30 – 9.00 : Troop line and good morning!!
9.00 – 10.00 : Troop Drill
10.00 -12.00 : Instructional groups/activities
12.30 – 1.00 : Unsaddle.feed. water horse & have your own lunch
1.00 – 1.30 : Saddle up/Gear check
1.30 – 3.30 : Instructional groups/activities
3.30 – 4.00 : Pack equipment up
4.00pm : See you next Pony Club Rally Day!!!!
Until a child can ride, trot and canter “in control” to the satisfaction of the Club captain or Senior Instructor, the child must be kept on a lead rope and accompanied during all riding by a responsible adult.
Each Pony Club in NSW has a different uniform. This gives each club a different identity at events where there is more than one club competing. Each Zone also has a distinct uniform and is worn by members representing their zone at State Championships. (Should you be selected for a State Championship, you will need to purchase or hire a Zone uniform.)
Mangrove Mountain uniform consists of:
- Fawn jodhpurs (not white or yellow)
- Long-sleeved white shirt
- Black and red stripe tie and pin
- Black V-neck jumper with MMPC logo
- Short elastic-sided brown leather boots
- Australian Standards Association ASNZS3838 approved helmet- COMPULSORY
- Saddle-blanket – black with red/white trim and MMPC Logo
- Black polo shirt with MMPC logo
The branded Mangrove Mountain Pony Club uniform items are available to order or purchase second hand from the Club House on Rally Days.
- Competition Days and Events usually start earlier. Check the entry form and the Club newsletter for details.
- Parents are not allowed on the “field” unless they are rostered on to help in this area or they have a child on a leadrope.
- Dogs are not allowed as per Pony Club NSW Guidelines.